- Levotax 500 Tablet is an antibiotic, used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in treating infections of the urinary tract, nose, throat, skin and soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia). It cures the infection by stopping the further growth of the causative microorganisms.
- Levotax 500 Tablet should be used in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. It may be taken with or without food, preferably at a fixed time. Avoid skipping any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose. Simply take the next dose as planned.
- You may have a headache, dizziness, nausea, and constipation as side effects of this medicine. These are usually temporary and resolves on its own, but please consult your doctor if it bothers you or persists for a longer duration. Diarrhea may also occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it does not stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- You should not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Special care should be taken in people with kidney problems while taking this medicine.
USES OF LEVOTAX TABLET
SIDE EFFECTS OF LEVOTAX TABLET
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
- Common side effects of Levotax
HOW TO COPE WITH SIDE EFFECTS?
- The occurrence of side effects varies from person to person. The following are a few ways of dealing with some of the common side effects. However, consult your doctor if these persist.
- Coping with Headache
- Make sure you rest and drink plenty of fluids. Rest in a quiet, dimly lit room. Do not sleep more than you normally would. Do not strain your eyes (for example by looking at a screen). Do not drink alcohol. Headaches are usually temporary and usually go away with time. But, if they last longer or get worse, ask your doctor to recommend a painkiller.
HOW TO USE LEVOTAX TABLET
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it Levotax 500 Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- Avoid Levotax 500 Tablet with dairy products such as milk, cheese, curd, butter, paneer and ice cream.
HOW LEVOTAX TABLET WORKS
Levotax 500 Tablet is an antibiotic. It works by stopping the action of a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase. This prevents the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing them.
Consuming alcohol with Levotax 500 Tablet does not cause any harmful side effects.
Levotax 500 Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in some life-threatening situations if the benefits are more than the potential risks. Please consult your doctor.
Levotax 500 Tablet is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Levotax 500 Tablet may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Levotax 500 Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Levotax 500Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
- There is limited information available on the use of Levotax 500 Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
- However, stop the medicine and inform your doctor if you develop any signs and symptoms of jaundice while taking this medicine.
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE LEVOTAX TABLET?
If you miss a dose of Levotax 500 Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.