INTRODUCTION OF VILOXIM-50 TABLET :
- Viloxim-50 mg Tablet is a medicine used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is used together with a healthy diet and regular exercise to control blood sugar levels. This helps to prevent serious complications of diabetes like kidney damage and blindness.
- Viloxim-50 mg Tablet is normally prescribed when diet and exercise alone or other medicines have not been enough to control your blood sugar level. Your doctor may prescribe it alone or along with other diabetes medicines. It can be taken with or without food. The dose will depend on your condition, and blood sugar levels, but you should use it as advised by your doctor.
- You should take it regularly, at the same time each day, to get the most benefit and you should not stop unless your doctor recommends it. It is controlling your blood sugar levels and helping to prevent serious complications in the future. It is important to stay on the diet and exercise program recommended by your doctor while taking this medicine. Your lifestyle plays a big part in controlling diabetes.
- The most common side effect of taking this medicine is a headache. This is usually minor and improves with time. Low blood sugar level (hypoglycemia) is a possible side effect if you are also taking other diabetes medicines like insulin or sulphonylurea, so you need to know how to recognize and deal with it. You can carry sugar or glucose candy to control low blood sugar level. Contact your doctor if the side effects worry you or if they do not go away.
- Before taking this medicine, let your doctor know if you have ever had kidney disease, heart or pancreas problems, or if you drink a lot of alcohol. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should also consult their doctor before taking it. Some other medicines you are taking may interfere with it so make sure your doctor knows about all the other medicines you are using. Limit your alcohol intake while taking this medicine because it can increase your risk of developing low blood sugar levels. You may need regular tests such as kidney function and blood glucose levels to check that the medicine is working properly.
USES OF VILOXIM-50 TABLET
Type 2 diabetes mellitus
VILOXIM-50 TABLET SIDE EFFECTS
- Common cold
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea
HOW TO USE VILOXIM-50 TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Viloxim-50 mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
HOW VILOXIM-50 TABLET WORKS
Viloxim-50 mg Tablet is an antidiabetic medication. It works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas and decreasing the hormones that raise blood sugar levels. This reduces the fasting and postmeal sugar levels.
VILOXIM-50 TABLET RELATED WARNINGS
Alcohol UNSAFE It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Viloxim-50 mg Tablet
Pregnancy CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Viloxim-50 mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing baby. Your doctor will weigh the benefits and any potential risks before prescribing it to you. Please consult your doctor.
Lactation CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Information regarding the use of Viloxim-50 mg Tablet during lactation is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Viloxim-50 mg Tablet may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Viloxim-50 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Viloxim-50 mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
- Viloxim-50 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Viloxim-50 mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
- Regular monitoring of liver function tests is recommended if you are taking this medicine. Use of $med_name is preferably not advised in patients with liver disease.