- Viloxim-M 50mg/500mg Tablet is a combination of two medicines that control high blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes mellitus. This helps prevent serious complications of diabetes such as kidney damage and blindness and may reduce your chance of having a heart attack or stroke.
- Viloxim-M 50mg/500mg Tablet can be prescribed alone or together with other diabetes medications. All diabetes medicines work best when used along with a healthy diet and regular exercise. The dose you are given will depend on your condition, blood sugar levels and what other medicines you are taking. Taking it with meals helps to reduce the chances of developing an upset stomach.
- You should take it regularly, at the same time each day, to get the most benefit and you should not stop unless your doctor recommends it. It is controlling your blood sugar levels and helping to prevent serious complications in the future. It is important to stay on the diet and exercise program recommended by your doctor while taking this medicine. Your lifestyle plays a big part in controlling diabetes.
- The most common side effects of taking this medicine include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, headache, and sore throat. Low blood sugar level (hypoglycemia) is a possible side effect if you are also taking other diabetes medicines like insulin or sulphonylurea, so you need to know how to recognize and deal with it.
- This medicine is not suitable for everyone. Before taking it, you should let your doctor know if you have ever had kidney, liver or heart disease, problems with your pancreas, or if you drink a lot of alcohol. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should also consult their doctor before taking this medicine. Some other medicines can affect this one so tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking to make sure you are safe. You should try to avoid drinking alcohol as it lowers blood glucose. Your doctor will check your kidney function and blood sugar levels before and during treatment.
USES OF VILOXIM-M TABLET
Type 2 diabetes mellitus
VILOXIM-M TABLET SIDE EFFECTS
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Metallic taste
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level)
HOW TO USE VILOXIM-M TABLET
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Viloxim-M 50mg/500mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
- Viloxim-M 50mg/500mg Tablet may cause stomach upset if taken on empty stomach.
HOW VILOXIM-M TABLET WORKS
Viloxim-M 50mg/500mg Tablet is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Metformin and Vildagliptin. Metformin is an anti-diabetic medication (biguanide). It works by lowering glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from intestines and increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin. Vildagliptin is a DPP-4 inhibitor which works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas and decreasing the hormones that raise blood sugar levels. This reduces both fasting and postmeal sugar levels. Together, they provide better control of blood sugar.
VILOXIM-M TABLET RELATED WARNINGS
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Viloxim-M 50mg/500mg Tablet
Viloxim-M 50mg/500mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing baby. Your doctor will weigh the benefits and any potential risks before prescribing it to you. Please consult your doctor.
Information regarding the use of Viloxim-M 50mg/500mg Tablet during lactation is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is too low or too high. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Viloxim-M 50mg/500mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Viloxim-M 50mg/500mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
- Viloxim-M 50mg/500mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Viloxim-M 50mg/500mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
- Regular monitoring of liver function tests is recommended if you are taking this medicine. Use of $med_name is preferably not advised in patients with liver disease.